Thursday, March 28, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday: Fernando M Munoz Death Certificate

Maternal Birth Ancestry

I have been spending a lot more time researching my maternal birth ancestry line.  Within the past few weeks, I discovered some of the names and surnames of my mother's grandparents.  I had discovered that my Great Grandfather was  Fernando M. Munoz.  I know very little about him other than his vital statistics.  I am hoping over time my research will bring him to life.  

Since I am just beginning my family research in Arizona, I needed to get familiar with some of the online databases and off line research resources.  One of the sites I discovered was Arizona Genealogy Birth and Death Certificates.  I decided to plug Fernando's name in the database.  When I clicked enter, I had no idea anything would happen....but wallah!  his death certificate appeared.  I was thrilled!  How easy was that?  I had assumed all certificates and indexes in Arizona were not made public and you had to show proof of relationship in order to receive anything...So here we are!

My Weekly Treasure!!!

Fernando M. Munoz Death Certificate
Arizona State Department of Health
Division of Vital Statistics


[Abstraction]

Fernando M. Munoz died in Maricopa County, Tempe City, at the Clinic Hospital.  He had been there ten (10) days.  He lived in Arizona for nine (9) years.  His usual residence was in the State of Arizona, County of Coconino, in the City of Flagstaff.  The Street Number was General Delivery.  He had citizenship of a foreign country which was Mexico. I am unsure what it says on line (b)  "If Veteran, name war.  It looks like 30g...[If you have any idea, let me know].
Fernando was listed as White, Married to Maria Z. Munoz, was 37 years old at the time of Fernando's death.  Fernando was 47 years, 4 months and 16 days old, and born on May 31, 1897 (The year may be questionable, he might have been a little older.  He was born in Aguascalientes, Mexico and his usual occupation was a laborer.
Fernando's father's name was Melquiadez Munoz and his mother was Bartola Herrera, both born in Aguascalientes  Mexico.  The informant was Fernando's wife Maria Z. Munoz at Gen. Del. Flagstaff, Arizona.
Fernando died on October 16, 1944 at 10:45 PM.  Fernando died of Syphilis Myocardial Decomposition.
So my treasures also are in the new names I did not know about.  I discovered the names of my Great Great Grand-parents!!!  I learned more about where they were born, and where my Great Grandfather was born.  So now I can begin to look at records not only in Arizona, but New Mexico & Mexico!!!

There is a lot more to come...The Ancestor's are Speaking...Can you hear them???

11 comments:

  1. I would say that's pretty exciting, and there was great information. Also, good for Arizona for making these death certificates available online for free. I've been dealing with New Mexico this week, and couldn't believe how easy it was to request a 32 page probate record, so hopefully you'll be lucky there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. It sounds like you dug up gold with that probate record in New Mexico...I hope I will be so lucky. So glad you dropped in to read my post.

      Delete
  2. You definitely on a roll. Congratulations on some great "Factual" finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you are definitely on a roll here. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see minds think alike Yvette! I have also been actively researching more on my maternal side of my family tree and found some very interesting information that I will be blogging about soon as well. I look forward to following you closely to see what new information you find!

    Happy Ancestor Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant -- I see great minds think alike! That's what I get for trying to type and answer the phone at the same time -- LOL!

      Delete
  5. Yvette,

    I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/03/follow-fridayfab-finds-for-march-29-2013.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jana!!! I really appreciate that! Love your blog!!!

      Delete